satellite or cable TV
Main Level Suite
Cabin NameOn breezy days, bring your favorite beverage and sit outside on the private loft-level deck. Sip your drink and close your eyes. Listen to the rhythmic sway of Whispering Winds dancing with the treetops against a soul-soothing mountain soundtrack. This moment of Zen will remind you of the cabin's name and all its peacefully secluded offerings.
Few-Steps EntryJust 2 steps to the main level means an easy trip carrying in supplies. Plus, a King Suite is also on the main level; perfect for elders or anyone wishing to avoid stairs after an activities-filled day in the mountains.
Main LevelCozy. Feel the Above The Rest warmth when entering this cozy cabin. Hardwood floors follow beautiful heart pine, wall to ceiling paneling. Kitchen & Dining. The dining area brings in natural light, seats six, and overlooks the outside yard and firepit. The fully stocked, galley-style kitchen accommodates two host-going enthusiasts. Lazy Lounging. Smell the burning oak in a floor to ceiling, mountain stone, wood-burning fireplace. Watch TV on a large flatscreen while melting into plush club seating for six; all nestled around a crackling fire. Feel the natural sun rays, watch rain or snow fall through the large, angle-shaped A-frame window panels looming high above the rafters.
Main Level King SuiteThe roomy main floor King suite enjoys private access to the outside deck. The room is complemented by a flat-screen TV, and nearby full bath with single sink and jetted tub/shower combo.
Top Level LoftThis upstairs queen suite just exudes slumber comfort. Wake to vaulted ceilings and natural lighting. The private deck beckons you with the sights and sounds of mountain and woodlands scenery while you sip your favorite beverage. Ensuite Bathroom. The ¾ bath has a single vanity sink and stand up shower.
Lower Level Entertainment & BedroomGame Room. Head to the lower level for a game of foosball or billiards. Or watch a game on the flat screen TV while doing a load of laundry. Bedroom. This guest suite has a Queen bed and ensuite bathroom with single sink vanity and full tub/shower combo.
Patio Hot TubDissolve away worries in a brand new, 4-person hot tub. This soothing soaker was drained, sanitized, filled with clean mountain spring water, and pH-balanced before your arrival. Hot tub patio overlooks mountain woodland views and a 4-seater, round glass top, snack table.
Open Sky & Fiery NightsAfter dark, gather those night owls in your group. Make roasted marshmallow memories while enjoying lots of laughs amid nature’s nocturnal soundtrack. On clear nights, don’t forget to look up. The cosmic-sparkling, diamond-studded sky, poets have called “the watchful eyes of angels," will humble you.
Soul-Soothing Storybook StayWhispering Winds delivers on its Zen-like, soul-soothing name. It’s a storybook stay you'll book again.
Whispering Winds is a real cedar log cabin where you can hear the nearby tumbling Hemp Town Creek just through the woods. The cabin is just 7 miles from historic downtown Blue Ridge and a scenic train ride touring picturesque landscapes. From there, you’re onto apple orchards, wineries, crystal clear lakes, hiking, zip-lining, and river water adventures like kayaking, tubing, fishing, and more.
- Pets Allowed - Dogs Only 2 Pets Maximum Please email for additional pets. FEES APPLY
- SUV or Crossover Vehical is Recommended. Driving a Sedan vehicle is discouraged.
- 2-Step Easy Entry
- King Suite on Main Level
- Each Bedroom is On their Own Floor w/Own Bathroom
- West-Facing for Sunset Views
- Driveway Accommodates up to 3 Vehicles
- Mountain & Woodland Views
- Game Room with Foosball and Pool Table
- Sleeps up to 6 w/ 1 Kings & 2 Queens
- Smart Streaming TV's featuring YOUTUBE TV w/ 93 Channels. Log into your own Amazon, Netflix, Apple TV, Disney+, HBO Max, and Paramount+ Accounts. Watch FREE movies on Tubi TV and more
- Wireless Internet Speed 10.5 Mbps Down | 2.47 Mbps Up
- 1 Natural Wood-Buring Fireplaces
- NO SMOKING (Inside)
- Must be 25 years of age or older to rent this cabin; Driver’s License pic required.
- Cabin priced for up to 4 Adults. $20/nightly for each additional Adult.
- Video cameras trained on driveway.
- Fully Stocked Galley-Style Kitchen Complete w/ Needed Glassware & Cookware
- Regular Coffee Maker
- Dining Table Comfortably Seats 6
- Spacious Lounge Living Area Seats 6
- Floor to Ceiling, Mountain Stone, Wood-Burning Fireplace & Large Overhead TV
- King Suite w/Flat-Screen TV
- Side Full Bathroom w/Jetted Tub/Shower Combo
Main Level Deck
- Walk Out Deck w/Plenty of Lounge Seating
- Picnic-Style Table w/Bench Seating
- Gas Grill (connected to house propane)
- Lover’s Swing
- Two-Chair Side Table w/ Love Seat
- Deck Overlooks Mountain & Woodland Views
- Common Area Futon & Flat Screen TV
- 5-Topper Oak Tree Table for Card/Board Games w/Poker Playing Card Topper
- Loft Queen Suite w/Vaulted ceilings,
- Walk Out Private Deck Overlooking Long Range Mountain Views.
- Ensuite 3/4 Bathroom w/Single Vanity Sink & Shower
Lower Level Entertainment Area & Bedroom
- Roomy Entertainment Area w/Foosball & Pool Table + Flat-Screen TV
- Laundry Area
- Queen Suite Bedroom w/ Ensuite Full Bath/Shower Combo
- Bedroom Private Access to Patio Terrace.
- Brand New 4-Person Hot Tub Overlooking Mountain Woodlands
- Always Drained, Sanitized, Filled with Mountain Spring Water, and pH-Balanced before every arrival.
- Spacious, Stone-Circle Fire Pit w/ Four Adirondack Chairs
|Sep - 2023|
|Oct - 2023|
|Nov - 2023|
|Dec - 2023|
|Jan - 2024|
|Feb - 2024|
|Mar - 2024|
|Apr - 2024|
|May - 2024|
|Jun - 2024|
|Jul - 2024|
|Aug - 2024|
ReviewsWrite a Review
Reviewed: Aug 17, 2023
Easy booking process with clear communication methods via email and text. Clear directions to arrive at cabin with attached pictures. Clean cabin upon check in and accurate to pictures provided.I really appreciate the text thread in order to be accessible but at the same time not bothersome. The information book provided a good resource when it came to trash pick up and TV accessibility and pamphlets of things to do in the area.Property
Finding a travel spot while traveling with large dogs has proven to be challenging, to say the least. Booking a cabin with Above the Rest was the easiest process and I would gladly pay the extra pet cleaning fee again. The secluded property had the perfect amount of space for my dogs and they seemed to also enjoy laying out on the porch. Not only was this a vacation for me but I'm sure if they could talk, they would want to be brought back again.
Jensen Beach, US
Reviewed: Jan 10, 2023
Communication of weather events and procedures was great.Property
This was everything we were looking for in our stay. We lost power 4x's and the emergency heater and fireplace were lifesavers. VRBO Blue Ridge, GA
Reviewed: Dec 18, 2022
Everyone is always accommodating and kind.Property
Adorable cabin is super convenient with kitchen, living area on main floor easy to unload groceries luggage etc. The relaxing sound of the creek below wqs a plus! Nice porches to sit and relax. Easy to drive to, nice outdoor area, and the deer visited daily.
Reviewed: Oct 25, 2022
Very responsive. Communication was clear and prompt. Perfect rental experience. Communication was excellentProperty
Only downside was the Unpaved road but because everything else was so great, it was easy to overlook that. Cabin was pristine. View was phenomenal. Neighborhood was beautiful.
Reviewed: Oct 6, 2022
Everyone we had contact with was very friendly.Property
Stay was pleasant. Good thing were accustomed to narrow, rough roads. The drive in might be rough with a small car.
Port Saint Lucie, US
Reviewed: Aug 9, 2022
Toda la experiencia fue genial desde que entr al la pgina e hice la reservacin, siempre el trato fue muy amable. --> (English Translation: "The whole experience was great since I entered the page and made the reservation, the treatment was always very friendly.")Property
Mi familia y yo disfrutamos muchsimo de esta bella propiedad, los recuerdos sern inolvidables, la cabaa es preciosa y sus alrededores enamoran a cualquiera, la cabaa muy relajante contaba con todo lo necesario para estar muy cmodo, gracias por este bello fin de semana. --> (English Translation: "My family and I really enjoyed this beautiful property, the memories will be unforgettable, the cabin is beautiful and its surroundings make anyone fall in love, the very relaxing cabin had everything you need to be very comfortable, thanks for this beautiful weekend.")
Reviewed: May 29, 2022
Thank you so much for such a lovely venue for our little holiday weekend getaway!!! Everything was so thoughtful and just perfect."Property
Beautiful cabin that is just far back in the woods enough to get away from it all, but still close enough to everything we needed. Definitely grateful for our 4WD, but we wanted to be back out off the main road. Fabulous view, and we loved the details to the dcor and toiletries (especially the lavender!). Having the fire pit, hot tub, pool table, & foosball table, and being able to bring our pup, made it the perfect weekend family holiday!
Reviewed: Jul 25, 2021
Property Manager Property
Beautiful cabin, great location. It was a quiet location that was near Blue Ridge. A very restful stay.
CABIN CONDITIONS RECAP
See complete amenities list by clicking:
See complete amenities list by clicking: